We Eating Good Tonight (Week 4)

Last week had a lot of surprises. I went into the iHerb interview thinking we were going to explore new technologies and white boarding scenarios as the meeting invite suggested, but instead it was a code fest, and I was expected to write down as much code as possible in a given amount of time.  Needless to say I didn't feel totally prepared, and I thought that I didn't do that great on that section.

But apparently my expectations for myself and what they thought were different, and the recruiter said I continued to impress them. Following that I received the offer on Thursday, and today I signed it back. This means I will be moving on from my time at Tallan and starting my new career at iHerb!

I think moving forward I'm going to tone down the amount of posts as I get ramped up on the new position, and also bring a bit of balance back to my life. I'll probably try to post 1-2 times a week.

I have some written notes on Kubernetes and Docker, and a writeup on NoSQL databases on Cassandra and MongoDB. I want to do at least one of those this week, and then read the Microsoft whitepaper on micro-services I said I was going to do last week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Bob's Clean Architecture

C4 Model: Describing Software Architecture

Multi-Tenant Design: The Basics